Our surgical teams have performed surgical procedures from the most advanced surgical treatments for colon cancer to same-day laparoscopic surgeries. From cancer surgical care, vascular surgery, specialized surgeries of the liver or pancreas, and more – providing you with expert care and comfort is our priority.
Women's History Month: Supporting Women in Surgery
Nationwide, women make up less than 10% of active surgeons practicing in surgical specialties. ETSU Health is actively helping to change that trend by employing many of the female surgeons who practice in our region. These surgeons are valuable additions to our community as experts in their specialties, and they serve as role models to the next generation of providers.
- Breast Surgery
- Hepatobiliary (surgeries of the liver, pancreas and biliary system)
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive
- Trauma & Critical Care
3rd Floor325 North State of Franklin Road, Johnson City, TN, 37745
- Our breast surgeon provides care at Johnson City Medical Center, Franklin Woods Community Hospital, the East Tennessee Ambulatory Surgery Center, and Sycamore Shoals Hospital.
- Our general and hepatobiliary surgeons provide care at Johnson City Medical Center, Franklin Woods Community Hospital, the East Tennessee Ambulatory Surgery Center, Indian Path Community Hospital, and Holston Valley Medical Center.
- Our trauma and critical care surgeons provide care for patients at Johnson City Medical Center and Holston Valley Medical
- Our plastic and reconstructive surgeons provide care at Bristol Regional Medical Center, the East Tennessee Ambulatory Surgery Center, Franklin Woods Community Hospital, Sycamore Shoals Hospital, and Johnson City Medical Center.
- Our pediatric surgeons provide care at Niswonger Children's Hospital.
- Our vascular surgeon provides care at Johnson City Medical Center and the James H. Quillen VA Medical Center.
Click here to see a full list of our Surgery providers.
Why ETSU Health?
Our department consists of 25 full-time surgical faculty, more than 60 staff and support personnel, and numerous clinical faculty. Our mission in the Department of Surgery is to provide superb surgical care to the citizens of Northeast Tennessee and to maintain an active basic research program into the mechanisms and treatment of surgical disease. The Department of Surgery is composed of a number of divisions, including general surgery, trauma and critical care, pediatric surgery, cardiovascular and thoracic surgery, plastic surgery, surgical oncology, and ophthalmology.
Manage Your Health with MyETSUHealth
View test results, make appointments, request prescription refills, and message your doctor from any Web-enabled device by using our secure online portal, MyETSUHealth. Our technology also allows anyone on your care team to securely access your health information, making sure you always get care that's right for you and based on the latest evidence.