Stephanie Layne, D.O.
Seeing the hardships faced by many of the children and families of Appalachia motivates Dr. Stephanie Layne to provide quality, empathetic health care. She has a deep love for learning and improving the lives of others and finds joy in working with children. Her training as a doctor of osteopathic medicine prepared her to provide comprehensive general pediatric care, but she holds a special interest in gastroenterology, nutrition, breastfeeding, endocrinology and ADHD. As a mother, she is also emphathetic to the challenges of a newborn's care. Active listening to her patients about their needs and concerns is among her most important skills.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Residency: Quillen College of Medicine, ETSU, Johnson City, TN
- Medical Education: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, University of Pikeville, KYCOM
- Bachelor of Science: Biology, Magna Cum Laude, University of Kentucky
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Fellow
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support