Therapy and Step-Down Options to Help Patients Manage and Recover from Addiction
Our providers are specially trained to work with people who struggle with substance abuse. We offer a range of therapy and step-down options to help you manage and recover from your addiction, and we work closely with you to ensure you get the safe, effective treatment you need.
Learn more about what to expect during your visit:
Learn specifics about patient treatment and care:
- Medication Assisted Treatment for Substance Use Disorder (MAT)
- Primary Care
- Behavioral Health (Individual, Couples, Family & Group Therapy)
- Individual, couple, and group therapy is available, depending on your specific needs. In all cases, our specialists work with you to help you manage and control your addiction and substance abuse disorder. We use motivation approaches that include a range of cognitive behavioral therapies.
- Resources Referral/Case Management
- Medication Management:
- If medication is recommended to help control substance abuse cravings and prevent relapse, our psychiatrists will work closely with you to ensure proper use and closely monitor for any side effects.
We gather information on your medical history, psychological history, goals, and values, then work closely with you to create a treatment plan that has clear targets for change. We help you understand how your substance abuse developed and how we can work together to effect change.
Why ETSU Health?
Comprehensive Therapy Options
We offer a full range of therapy options, from individual and group therapy to medical management.
While we do not offer medical detoxification or residential treatment, we can facilitate your referral so you can start your individualized treatment as quickly as possible.
Specialists in Substance Abuse
Our licensed therapists are trained in psychotherapy and specialize in the treatment of addiction and substance abuse disorders. Our psychiatrists undergo advanced training in addiction.
Support and Long Term Follow-Up
If you need care following our outpatient substance abuse program, we can refer you to providers within the ETSU Health system who can help prevent relapse.
Manage Your Health with MyETSUHealth
View test results, make appointments, request prescription refills, and message your doctor from any Web-enabled device by using our secure online portal, MyETSUHealth. Our technology also allows anyone on your care team to securely access your health information, making sure you always get care that's right for you and based on the latest evidence.