Jeremy M. Powers, M.D.
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
At ETSU Health, Dr. Jeremy Powers provides comprehensive plastic and reconstructive surgery, including DIEP flap breast reconstruction, pediatric cleft and craniofacial surgery, extremity salvage surgery, and facial trauma reconstruction. Additionally, Dr. Powers practices the full scope of aesthetic/cosmetic surgery including facelift, rhinoplasty, botox/fillers and breast/body procedures. He applies his skills with technical excellence and strives to be a good listener, working with his patients to develop the best plan of care to achieve their goals. Whether a patient is in need of reconstructive plastic surgery or interested in aesthetic services, Dr. Powers looks forward to serving that need.
Dr. Powers is from Marion, Virginia, and while he is the son of two doctors, it was his own love of science and desire to help people that led him to pursue medicine. Serving on several collegiate mission trips confirmed his interest in medicine as a way to help those in need and instilled a lifelong desire to promote global health. Following his graduation with honors in neuroscience at the College of William and Mary, he attended medical school at the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine in Richmond, Virginia. He remained at VCU for his residency training in plastic and reconstructive surgery, with research experience encompassing microsurgery, pediatric plastic surgery, and breast reconstruction. He went on to pursue further specialization in reconstructive microsurgery and craniofacial surgery at Beaumont Health in Royal Oak, Michigan.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Fellowship: Microsurgery – craniomaxillofacial integrated, Beaumont Health, Royal Oak, Detroit, MI
Residency: Integrated plastic and reconstructive surgery, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System Program, Richmond, VA
- Medical Degree: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA
- Bachelor of Science: Neuroscience, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Johnson City Medical Center, Johnson City, TN
- Niswonger Children's Hospital, Johnson City, TN
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital, Johnson City, TN
- Bristol Regional Medical Center, Bristol, TN