James Johnston, M.D.
Dr. James Johnston is a dually board-certified family medicine and sports medicine physician. He has an extensive military career, including deployments as a Special Forces medic. He is a Fellow of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine and a physician in the Army National Guard. His clinical interests are regenerative medicine and diagnostic ultrasound.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, AnMed Family Medicine Sports Medicine, Anderson, South Carolina
- Residency: Family Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Quillen College of Medicine, Kingsport, Tennessee
- Doctorate: Doctor of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, Tennessee
- Family Medicine, American Board of Family Medicine
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Family Medicine
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified, Basic Life Support (BLS)
Certified, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Certified, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Certified, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Certified, Tactical, Flight and Intensive Care Paramedic