Ashley Blaske, M.D.
Watch Dr. Blaske's Provider Interview
Dr. Ashley Blaske is a dually trained and board certified pediatric and adult rheumatologist. She values the opportunity to build long-term relationships with her patients, working together to treat their disease and achieve their goals. Dr. Blaske enjoys watching her patients return to normal life after treating their physical limitations.
In addition to pediatric and adult rheumatology, her areas of clinical specialty also include systemic lupus erythematosus, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, dermatomyositis, scleroderma, and vasculitis.
A native of Lousiville, Kentucky, Dr. Blaske formerly worked in middle Tennessee, where she would often treat patients from the Appalachian Highlands who had no closer alternative for pediatric rheumatology care. After visiting Johnson City, she and her husband fell in love with the community and its natural beauty. She now enjoys the abundance of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking and gardening.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Fellowship: Pediatric Rheumatology and Adult Rheumatology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center,
- Residency: Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville,
- Doctorate: Doctor of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- Undergraduate: B.A. Liberal Studies, Biology, Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude), University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Rheumatology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics