Michael Bourassa, PT, DPT
Dr. Bourassa serves as the East Tennessee State University Residency and Fellowship Program Director and as a Clinical Assistant Professor within the East Tennessee State University DPT program. His main responsibilities include program development, management, mentoring, and teaching within varying areas of musculoskeletal physical therapy.
In additional to those roles, he has been an invited lecturer at several conferences, adjunct faculty at several universities and programs and has organized several continuing education courses in the US and internationally. He serves in many professional service roles including as AAOMPT’s membership chair, Academic Clinical Faculty Nominating committee member and as a site reviewer for Residency and Fellowship Physical Therapy Programs.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree: Elon University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, Elon, NC
- Physical Therapy Residency: Brooks Rehabilitation and University of North Florida Physical Therapy Orthopaedic Residency Program, Jacksonville, FL
- Physical Therapy Fellowship: Brooks Rehabilitation and University of North Florida Physical Therapy Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship Program, Jacksonville, FL
- Board Certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Headaches and Tempomandibular Disorders
- Spinal Pain
- Manual-Based Treatment
- Sports Medicine
- Integration of evidence-based practice and clinical decision-making in-patient care
- Psychomotor skill development in physical therapy education
- Role of expectations within the practice of physical therapy