R. Keith Huffaker, M.D.
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Urinary incontinence is a problem that afflicts millions of Americans, but it is only one of many conditions that can affect the female pelvic area. When those problems occur, women want to turn to someone whose specialized training and expertise will help them return to normal health as soon as possible.
Dr. Keith Huffaker is committed to providing integrated, compassionate care for patients with pelvic floor disorders. He brings expert training in minimally invasive vaginal reconstructive surgery as well as non-surgical treatment options.
A native of East Tennessee, Dr. Huffaker is the region’s first fellowship-trained sub-specialist in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS), also known as Urogynecology. He completed an accredited three-year fellowship at Scott & White Memorial Hospital and Clinic/Texas A&M Health Science Center, where he trained with national and international leaders in FPMRS.
Dr. Huffaker has authored several research manuscripts, which have been published in various peer-reviewed journals. He is a member of the American Urogynecologic Society, the International Continence Society, the International Urogynecological Association and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Fellowship: Scott & White Memorial Hospital and Clinic/Texas A&M Health Science Center
- Residency: University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Department of OBGYN, Knoxville, TN
- MBA: Physician Executive Master of Business Administration Program, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Medical School: James H. Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration (Accounting), Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TN
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Johnson City Medical Center
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital