Paras Patel, M.D.
- Infectious Inflammatory and Immunologic Disease
Watch Dr. Patel's Provider Interview
Paras Patel, MD is Associate Professor of Medicine at East Tennessee State University's Quillen College of Medicine in Johnson City. He is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, and serves on the faculty of Quillen College of Medicines Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases. Dr. Patel is also an infectious diseases staff physician at the Johnson City Medical Center, the Indian Path Medical Center in Kingsport, and the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Mountain Home, Tennessee.
After earning his medical degree in his native India, Dr. Patel completed his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Infectious Diseases at East Tennessee State University. He is the author of several book chapters and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Fellowships: Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, East Tennessee State University, James H. Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, Tennessee
- Residencies: General Surgery, V.S., General Hospital, N.H.L., Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad,
Internal Medicine, East Tennessee State University, James H. Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, Tennessee
- Doctorate: B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad, India, MBBS Degree from University of Gujarat, India
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Johnson City Medical Center