Marcela Popescu, M.D.
The St. Jude Tri-Cities Affiliate Clinic (patient care site) follows more than 300 children with cancer and blood disorders and schedules more than 3,000 visits annually. The pediatric oncology team is composed of one pediatric hematology / oncology physician, a nurse practitioner, three registered nurses, a child life specialist, an LPN, a clinical research associate, a social worker and a receptionist. The Tri-Cities Affiliate Clinic is supported not only by St. Jude but also by ETSU and Niswonger Children’s Hospital to provide the comprehensive cancer and hematologic treatment needed by many children in our region.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Fellowship: Pediatric Hematology/Oncology University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Residency: Pediatrics, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Residency: Pediatrics, University Medical Center, Targu-Mures, Romania
- Medical Degree: University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Targu-Mures, Romania
Nursing Degree: School of Public Health, Targu-Mures, Romania
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (ASPHO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society
- St. Jude Tri-Cities Affiliate Clinic