Alexander Melkonian, Ph.D.
Primary Care Behavioral Health Psychologist
- Primary Care Behavioral Health Psychologist
Working as an integrated primary care psychologist in Family Medicine Bristol, Dr. Alexander Melkonian loves the time he spends working with patients to help support their behavioral health goals and helping residents learn more about behavioral interventions in primary care. As a member of the Quillen College of Medicine's Institute for Integrated Behavioral Health, he appreciates the opportunity to contribute to the mission of growing integrated behavioral health services across ETSU Health through providing interprofessional clinical care and training.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Fellowship: Substance use disorder and PTSD treatment and research; Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center; Ralph H. Johnson Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, South Carolina
- Doctoral: Doctor or Philosophy, Clinical Psychology, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Internship: Charleston Consortium: Medical University of South Carolina/Ralph H. Johnson VAMC, Charleston, South Carolina
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia